Monday 18 April 2011

My College Life





 To be honest, I was amazed and I wished I were one of the students here when I was In my secondary school life. This place is wide and you have everything within the campus. There are a lot of cool vendor machines as well as cafes. There’s a huge food court at the bottom of the building. Also, you will get to meet different people from different programs.




Famous Amos 




Food Court









Gift Shop
Taylor’s University College had an orientation on March for intake students 2 weeks ago. It’s for those who are taking Mass Communication, IT & Business course who are studying in Lakeside Campus and basically there’s many courses available at the Lakeside Campus except Pre-U studies. The reason I pick this university college is because it have many well prepared facilities and the environment is very good at here. Here are some photos and inner details I would like to share with you all below.



Let me show you something which I'm pretty amaze.
Payment office which has no difference with bank.





Student Central, look up Career Services for industrial placements
Comfy chair !
Chilling out place ~
The Student Life Centre is a hub providing non-academic services and resources, such as:
  • Lounge with TV, foosball, darts and pool table
  • Student Council Office
  • Extra Curricular Activities Office
  • Discussion rooms for club meetings



Challenge your friends to foosball and pool, the staple games of college goers.


One of my favourite places in this campus is the library. I love the library a lot. However, I don’t think I would be able to concentrate to study in this comfortable place in the campus because the library is seemed to be a social ground more than silent study place.



Facilities

The Library is a 4-storey, 1300-seater campus landmark, equipped with:
Discussion Rooms
Discussion Rooms are provided for group study on a first come, first served basis. These rooms are located on every floor of the library. Discussion Room may be used throughout the day for 2 hours by group with minimum 4 persons. Reservation of the rooms are not entertained. 
Please Register at the Inquiries Desk at Level 2.
( Used it a few times with my friends for discussions )

Multimedia Room & Theatrette


Patrons my view videos, VCDs, DVDs, and CDs at the Multimedia Room or the Theatrette. Theatrette can sear 18 people and is strictly for the purpose to view education materials. Theatrette may be used by students only when accompanied by or recommended by lecturer. Headphone are provided at Lending Services Counter at Level 4.

Print on Demand ( P.O.D ) Service and Pay Station
With print on Demand ( P.O.D ) Service, patrons can print, copy, and scan with speed, quality and convenience. Copying, printing and scanning can be done in black and white or in colour. These machines are located on Level 3 and 4. Pay station machines is located at Level 3 to facilitate students reload their print quota.
( Used it before to print out notes for class use )

Computer & Internet Access
All library computers have Internet access. Library is also Wi-Fi enabled. Patrons need to connect to I-Xccess, open a web browser and key in the username and password. The username and password are the same as that are used to access computers within Taylor's Lakeside Campus.
( Used to check on BB7 for any updates )

24/7 Study area
Library provides a 24/7 study room for students' convenience. This room is under camera surveillance.
( Used it before with my friends to do revision during break time )

Self-services Loans and Book Return
Staff and students may use self check machines located at level 2 to borrow books. Book Returns facility is available 24/7 hours and uis located at the 24/7 Study Room.


My Classes and Lectures Location

Different areas in the library cater to different studying styles.



Block-D classes
Where I have my Tutoring.







LT 5 - Lecturing Hall 5

Many people are not eager to shift to the Lakeside campus. The reasons are the college consists of too many students, which causes the chances of getting a parking slot is harder and the food are so much more expensive.

On my first day going to the Lakeside campus, I was really scared of one thing and it is finding for a car park slot. After a while, I found that it wasn't that hard after all. There were guards that lead me to the parking area. In a minute, I found a parking slot after a few turns around the car park, am I lucky that day ? Well, I guess It was still early when I reach around 7.30a.m. in the morning. 



After 11.00a.m.




After 11.00a.m.








Besides that, students are required to wear a proper attire to the college the rule of the college. The classes are almost the same size but it is colder than the classes in Leisure Commerce Square. It's more comfortable here. In addition, students who are late are considered attended a particular class or lecture despite their reasons of arriving late.

Desert Bar
During the break period, I went to a stall called Desert Bar for breakfast. I agree with people who says the food here are a more expensive then the other colleges because even a simple sandwich could costs RM10.
For lunch, I decided to go to the food court to try out the food there. The price of the food there very reasonable. Yeap. Extremely Reasonable! However, the food court was like going bananas. I can hardly search for a seat to have my lunch !!

 Food Court ~


Did you know almost 
all the restaurant look almost the same ?
<-------------------->





Your future awaits at Taylor's :)

Taylor's University prepares you for a bright future. 

Taylor's University features a concept campus in tropical Malaysia, home to students of science, medicine, pharmacy, engineering, law, business, art, communication and design. Does that makes you wanna study in this garden campus?


"Come with a dream, leave with a plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment